If you’ve have been trying to conceive for a while or even if you have just started down the conception road, these fertility boosting supplements might help you’ve and your partner. As always, consult you’ve doctor before taking anything new.
- Maca is shown to increase sperm production, motility and volume, as well as preventing erectile dysfunction.
- Maca increases sex drive and can be used as a natural aphrodisiac for men and women. It does this by boosting testosterone levels and supporting healthy ovulation.
- Maca gives you’ve energy and who doesn’t need more energy! We know caffeine can cause fertility problems, so Maca provides an alternative source of long-lasting energy. Maca stabilizes blood sugar levels and supports your adrenals.
Maca does have an earthy and nutty taste so you’ve may want to put it in your smoothies, it is also good in oatmeal or other warm cereals.
Even you’ve may not be pregnant you’ve will still want to start taking a prenatal vitamin, ideally three months before trying to conceive. There is so much good stuff in them and they will get off on the right foot for a healthy pregnancy and you’ve get everything you’ve need in just one pill which is nice. Below is a short list of the goodness in prenatal vitamins.
- Folic Acid – keeps the rick of neural tube defects low
- Iron – helps build you’ve baby’s cells and also can help with anemia
- Iodine – aids in the baby’s thyroid and brain development
- Calcium – helps prevent mom from losing her own bone density and helps make baby’s bones stronger
- Vitiamin D – helps build baby’s bone strength and healthy teeth
Vitamins B6 and B12
Vitamins B6 and B12 are supplements that boost fertility because they help the development and maintenance of a healthy immune system, and for cellular reproduction. Vitamin B6 deficiency may result in poor immune function, hormone imbalances, and various other problems – and taking Vitamin B6 can help regulate periods and increase fertility. Vitamin B12 can reduce the risk of miscarriage and raise a low sperm count.
Vitex is one of the best fertility herbs available to us when it comes to balancing hormones and regulating the menstrual cycle.
- Lengthens a short luteal phase: It has been shown Vitex to be effective at lengthening the luteal phase. While Vitex does not contain any hormones itself, it does help the body to increase its own production of luteinizing hormone (promoting ovulation to occur), which in turns boosts progesterone levels during the luteal phase of the cycle. The fertilized eggs has to have time swim down and become a sticky bean, if you’ve have a short luteal phase to will be hard for the egg to do that.
- Increase progesterone levels for a healthy pregnancy: Vitex stimulates LH and also supports production of the corpus luteum that secretes progesterone. Progesterone makes the lining of the uterus thick for implantation and is necessary to sustain a healthy pregnancy. Vitex is a great way to balance cycles and optimize progesterone levels to prepare for pregnancy.
Evening Primrose Oil (EPO) has a wide array of benefits for fertility. Evening Primrose can help reduce PMS and inflammation, increase cervical mucus production, and improve uterine health.
EPO has been used by herbalists for many years to increase cervical mucus. Cervical fluid is necessary for allowing the sperm to swim freely through the cervix. Some women have low to no cervical fluid, so it is harder for the sperm to move through the vagina. Cervical fluid is more alkaline than the slightly acid vaginal environment. Sperm are nourished and thrive in cervical fluid and if there is not enough the sperm may not be able to survive the journey to the awaiting egg.
It is believed that the high levels of LA and GLAs in Evening Primrose Oil have a direct effect on uterine cells. These fatty acids contract and relax smooth muscle tissue. This action on the uterus is toning for the uterine muscles in preparation for pregnancy. EPO is NOT suggested for use after ovulation when a woman is trying to conceive. If a woman is pregnant or thinks she may be pregnant, she should not use EPO because the uterus may begin to contract.
Royal Jelly’s reputation in fertility enhancement no doubt comes from the fact that the sole function of the Queen Bee in the hive is as the “reproducer in chief,” and all the Queen Bee eats her entire life is Royal Jelly. Loaded with proteins, iron, calcium, vitamins, and fatty acids, Royal Jelly fuels the Queen Bee as she produces up to 2000 eggs a day.
For this reason, many believe that Royal Jelly is relevant as a fertility supplement and it’s a popular natural choice for many men and women who want to get pregnant. As a fertility supplement for both men and women, Royal Jelly is thought to support:
- Sperm production in men
- Overall reproductive health in both men and women
- Ovarian health in women
- Hormone balancing
My Final Thoughts
Getting pregnant can be easy for some, they just stop taking birth and time the baby dance just right and boom they are pregnant. But for some, they need a little help. Before investing in the expensive fertility treatments try one or a few of the natural supplements above. This is just a short list of the supplements out there.